Social Justice Advocacy Committee Meeting
October 31, 2017, 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
8100 Stevenson Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
The Social Justice Advocacy Committee will meet on Tuesday Oct. 31at 7:30 p.m. in the Library Beit Midrash for an informational session, led by Lauren Small and Margie Simon, on immigration and refugee initiatives.
We will discuss the following:
- An update on recent events in opposition to hate speech and to the Muslim Ban;
- A report on opportunities for passage of the TRUST Act in 2018;
- A discussion of the current situation of the “Dreamers” and DACA, including a quick announcement about an upcoming meeting with representatives of CASA at the home of Rabbi Nina Beth Cardin;
- An update on the work being done by our friends from the Justice Immigration group at Baltimore Hebrew Congregation
- An update on work being done through our Gemilut Hasadim committee with Gilead House and others to support refugees in our local community.
- Protection of immigrants from persecution is an issue of great importance to the Jewish community. Come and learn about what is going on here in Baltimore and how we can help.