April 29, 2020, 12:00 am - 6:00 pm
Join us in this virtual celebration of Israel’s Independence Day!
Join us for:
Celebrate with us Via Zoom! – Wednesday, April 29 at 5:30 p.m. sharp!
Please note: For ALL ZOOM classes for security reasons, please contact Sarah Jacobs, email@example.com, for each unique Zoom ID/link and Password.
(Makes 2 shakes)
2 frozen bananas
1/2 cup caramelized pecans
1 and 1/2 cups low fat milk
2 Tbsp. Raw Tehina
2 Tbsp. Silan
1 cup of ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend into a smooth shake. Serve immediately.
1 medium Eggplant
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 boiled Eggs
2-4 Israeli Pickles
Fresh Parsley leaves
Pita bread or bread of your choice
For the Tehina sauce:
⅓ cup Raw Tehina
Half a Lemon freshly squeezed (about 2 tsp. lemon juice)
4 tbsp. Cold Water
Salt (just a pinch)
Optional toppings: Zaatar and Sumac
1. Half the eggplants and create checkerboard slits in the flesh.
2. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
3. Roast the eggplant for 35-40 minutes in 400° preheated oven and an additional 5 minutes in broil.
4. Grate lemon zest on the prepared warm roasted eggplant.
5. Prepare Tehina sauce by combining raw Tehina, freshly squeezed lemon juice, water and salt and whisk well until the sauce is unified and you reach the desired consistency.
6. Cut the prepared eggplant into strips and arrange in a pita bread add sliced Israeli pickles, sliced hard boiled egg, fresh parsley leaves, drizzle with Tehina sauce and top with Zaatar and Sumac.
For more information, photos and recipes with Tehina or without go to https://www.afooda.com/