Two By Two – The Fall Holidays
Just to keep your mind sharp as Tishrei comes to an end, test your knowledge of the fall holidays. First Chizuk friend to get them all correct gets a Chizuk Amuno T shirt.
- How is an apple used on at least two of the fall holidays? (Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Hoshanah Rabbah, Shemini Atzeret, Simhat Torah)
- Name two “things” that are judged during the fall holidays and name the holidays on which they are judged.
- What are the two entire books of the Bible that are read during the fall holidays?
- Two of the fall holidays each focus on a different set of “Books”. What are the holidays and what are the books?
- At least two and a half of these must be found in every sukkah.
- Can you name two out of the four Jewish new years (according to the mishnah in tractate Rosh Hashanah)?
- Twice during the fall holidays (hint: once at the beginning and once near the end) we discard physical objects to symbolize discarding our sins. What objects do we use and when do we use them?
- Name the two species found on the sides of the lulav.
- On Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, and Shemini Atzeret we need two of these. On Simhat Torah we need three. What is it?
- In another two years, we will be celebrating the end of a special agricultural year. What is it?