Chizuk Amuno Congregation Sisterhood has a long history of playing a vital role in the life of the Chizuk Amuno community. Sisterhood recognizes that the lives of Jewish women are changing and is continually looking for ways to engage women at all stages of their lives.
While our long-standing members bring a wealth of experience and wisdom to our membership, we encourage any interested woman to join our ranks. Through the Sisterhood, women at any stage in their life will continue to grow in leadership roles and enhance their understanding of Judaism. Sisterhood offers opportunities to form new bonds of friendship—and to have fun!
Joining Sisterhood is easy and inexpensive. Dues start at $28. We ask that if you are going to participate in our activities that you become a member. Please feel free to attend an event or two to “check us out” first. But, we hope that you will have so much fun that you will want to join! You do not have to be a synagogue member to join our Sisterhood and participate in our wide variety of events. Contact Amy Blavatt at firstname.lastname@example.org for membership information.
Unite and strengthen the bond of Sisterhood within its membership and to promote in every way possible the welfare of the congregation, its religious schools, and the program of the Women’s League of Conservative Judaism.”
- Stress ethical and religious practices in everyday living.
- Further Jewish education in the family.
- Stress the observance of Shabbat and festivals including attendance at synagogue services.
- Foster a sense of communal responsibility on the part of its members.
- Support and encourage youth activities and affiliations.
- Support and promote a general program of educational and cultural activities in the congregation.
- Contribute to the support and encouragement of Jewish and Hebrew education.
- Participate in the work of the Torah Fund and other Jewish Theological Seminary projects.
- Participate in activities to strengthen relationships with Israel.
- Engage in such civic and philanthropic activities as may be approved by the Board of Directors and Women’s League for Conservative Judaism.
- President: Dixie Leikach, Sisterhood@chizukamuno.org
- Vice President (President Elect): Ruth Silber
- Vice President, Programming:
- Vice President, Membership: Joy Katz and Amy Blavatt
- Treasurer: Marcia Scherr
- Assistant Treasurer: Diane Dansicker
- Financial Secretary: Joy Katz
- Recording Secretary: Margie Simon
- Corresponding Secretary: Barbara Scott
- Judaica Shop: Anne King
- Bimah Decorating: Sheila Sandbank
- Book Review: Beth Blumberg
- CHANA: Wendy Davis
- High Holiday Gifts: Judy Schwartz
- Joint Sisterhood Dinner: Donna Wolf and Sheila Sandbank
- Mah Jong: Randee Glassman
- Past President/By-laws: Lynne Lichtig
- PR Shul Communications: Marsha Yoffe
- PR Sisterhood Communications
- Sisterhood Shabbat: Ruthanne Kaufman and Naomi Amsterdam
- Torah Fund: Ellen Weiss
- Trips: Marilyn Spector
- Women C.A.N.: Ava Barron-Shasho and Jill Bers
- Elected Board Members: Patti Anbinder, Sue Crystal, Payton Goldman, Linda Eisenberg, Andrea Polsky, Amy Schwartz, Kathy Taylor, Ellen Weiss
- Past Presidents currently serving on the Board: Edna Crystal, Miriam Golob, Lynne Lichtig, Judy Schwartz, Susan Sklar, Marsha Yoffe
May 30, 2017 - June 4, 2017
June 7, 2017
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm